The topic is very complex and we won’t attempt to give an exhaustive definition of international copyright laws. However, Opensound or our agents in your country can give you all the necessary information for obtaining the proper license for the music you need.

To use copyrighted music you must always obtain a license. This ensures that the copyright owners (authors, composers, performers, publishers, and master owners) receive the rightful payment for their work.

Among the protected rights are the performing rights, the mechanical rights, the synchronization rights, and the master rights.

The following are examples of where licensed music is usually used:

  • TV/Internet ads and documentaries
  • Short movies or feature films
  • Fiction and other TV programs
  • Internet websites
  • Public spaces (exhibitions, festivals, museums, etc.)
  • Promotional CDs
  • Audio-visual and multimedial materials

Need help? 
Contact us!